“Smfh” is an acronym that is used often during online conversations and in text. Below you will find all the information you could possibly need concerning this internet acronym. You will find the meaning of this term, all of the origin information that is available if there is any, and possible other meanings. You will also see “smfh” used properly in example conversations and learn other ways that you can say this while still conveying the same meaning.
What Does SMFH Mean?
The acronym “smfh” means “shaking my f$%^ing head.” It is normally used in response to a comment during conversation that the other person finds to be so dumb that they cannot find words to say in reply so they “perform” this action instead.
Origin of SMFH
Although the exact origin of this acronym is uncertain, it is an extended acronym of the original “smh.” The origin of the original “smh” is unknown as well. “Smfh,” “smdh,” and “smmfh” are all variations of this original acronym for those who prefer to state the original with some added profanity.
Although not official meanings, there are two other phrases mentioned on in the Urban Dictionary for the acronym “smfh.” The two phrases mentioned are “so many f$%#ing haters” and “so much f#$%ing homework.” However, the official meaning of the phrase and the way it is most commonly used is as the meaning stated above.
A text exchange between two friends at school.
- Friend 1: Did you see what James did today at lunch?
- Friend 2: No I must have missed it. What happened?
- Friend 1: We were sitting at the table and him and Eric were arguing. So, he picked up a grape and threw it at Eric. It hit him right in the forehead.
- Friend 2: Smfh! That’s hilarious!
An online conversation between two users on Twitter.
- User 1: Why would you call my friend out on in public like that?
- User 2: What are you talking about? I didn’t mention any names.
- User 1: Smfh! You don’t need to. Anyone familiar with the situation knows who you are talking about!
Other Ways to Say “SMFH”
There are several ways that you can say “smfh” and still mean the same thing. Some of the alternative ways you can say this include:
- smh; “shaking my head” without the profanity
- shaking my head
- That is so stupid
“SMFH” synonyms list:
- Lost for words
- At a loss for words
- Unable to get a word out
- Awful/ terrible