What does SOL mean? Slang acronyms have been highly used since the origin of the internet and text messages because they are less time consuming to type than the phrases they represent. This is the case for the acronym “sol.” Here you will find the meaning of this acronym and the phrase it represents. You will also find the story of its origin and some of its other possible meanings if there are any to be found. You will discover some example conversations too which will help you see how the acronym is used in context and help you to gain a further understanding of its meaning. Finally, you will find some other words and phrases that you could use in place of this acronym that convey the same meaning.
What Does “SOL” Mean?
This acronym is used to represent the phrase “sh*t out of luck.” This phrase is used in response to someone when you are telling them that what they are asking for is simply not possible.
Origin of “SOL”
The term was first used by the military sometime in the year 1917. It has become a widely used idiomatic phrase since then. With the dawn of the internet and texting, a lot of the everyday idioms we have used for years were shortened to acronyms such as these to make them easier, quicker, and more convenient to type out rather than typing out the whole phrase.
This slang has many other meanings as both an acronym and a standalone term. As an acronym, the term can be used to represent the phrases “snort out loud,” “smiled out loud,” “slice of life,” “scream out loud,” “shout out loud,” “snicker out loud,” “sigh out loud,” and several more other alternatives. As a term, the word can mean the sun, a shortened abbreviated term for the word solar, someone who is beautiful, pretty, hot, and many other adjectives.
A text message exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: I wish someone would come and do my homework for me.
- Friend 2: Sorry, bro, but you are SOL there! There is no such thing as the homework fairy!
- Friend 1: Hey, I can dream can’t I?
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: I wish you would just disappear troll!
- User 2: Well, you are SOL there, darling. It is a free country and I am not going anywhere!
- User 1: Lucky for us so we can continue to be annoyed by the presence of your unwanted company.
Synonyms of “SOL”
There are several words or phrases that you can use in place of this term and still maintain the same meaning. Some of the other words or phrases that you could use include: out of luck, unlucky, never gonna happen.
“SOL” Meaning Infographic
- Intersex Meaning: What Does the Term “Intersex” Actually Mean? - June 4, 2023
- Woke Meaning: What Does the Slang Term “Woke” Mean? - June 4, 2023
- Evil Eye Meaning | What Does the Term “Evil Eye” Mean? - June 4, 2023