Learn names of Sports and Games in English through pictures.
Sport includes all forms of competitive physical activity or games which through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators.
Usually the contest or game is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other. Some sports allow a tie game; others provide tie-breaking methods, to ensure one winner and one loser.
Sports and Games Vocabulary in English
List of Sports and Games
– Her husband is an archery instructor.
– Badminton can be played by two or four people.
– The crowd loves to watch attacking cricket.
– Do you want to go bowling with us Friday?
– He is the boxing champion of the world.
– She met her friends at a curling club.
– She was one of the best tennis players of her generation.
– These are only a few reasons why skateboarding is so popular.
– They go surfing every weekend.
– They were playing at hockey.
– I like watching figure skating on TV, and rhythmic gymnastics.
– She does yoga for an hour a day.
– He is famous at fencing.
– Physical fitness is having a healthy body.
– We do gymnastics at school.
– He holds a black belt in karate.
– Tim plays for the national volleyball team.
– How many referees are there in a weightlifting competition?
– I am a member of the basketball team.
– Why don’t we go to see a baseball game?
– I play rugby purely for enjoyment.
– He tends to get carried away when watching wrestling on TV.
– That school is famous for high jumping.
– Hang gliding holds no fears for her.
– Sporting events such as car racing give me a headache.
– We did a lot of cycling in France last year.
– Did you go running this morning?
– He loves to play table tennis.
– They can go fishing in the lake.
– Murray is a judo black belt.
– There’s a lot of danger in rock climbing.
Billiards/ Pool (U.S.)
– We had a game of billiards and then went to a restaurant.
– I need more practice at shooting.
– He spent too much money on horse racing.
– Some people like horseback riding, but I prefer golf as a hobby.
– Do you want to play golf tomorrow?
Football (U.K)/ Soccer (U.S., Australia)
– The boys wanted to play football.
Sports and Games Vocabulary | Image
Sports Vocabulary in English
- english vocabulary for kids
- English vocabulary for Sports and games
- English Vocabulary Word List - Sports
- games names
- games vocabulary
- list of games
- list of sports
- list of sports a-z
- list of words related to games
- Names of Sports
- names of Sports and Games
- Sports and Games
- Sports and Games for kids
- Sports and Games in English
- Sports and Games Vocabulary
- sports games list
- Sports pictionary
- Sports Vocabulary
- Vocabulary for sports
- words related to games and sports