Learn Sports Vocabulary in English through Pictures.
Sports are usually governed by a set of rules or customs, which serve to ensure fair competition, and allow consistent adjudication of the winner. Winning can be determined by physical events such as scoring goals or crossing a line first. It can also be determined by judges who are scoring elements of the sporting performance, including objective or subjective measures such as technical performance or artistic impression.
Learn Sports Vocabulary in English.
Sports and Games Vocabulary
List of Sports and Games in English.
- Archery – the sport of shooting arrows from a bow.
- Cricket – a game between two teams of 11 players in which players try to get points by hitting a ball and running between two sets of three sticks.
- Bowling – an indoor game in which you roll a large heavy ball along a wooden track in order to knock down a group of pins.
- Weightlifting – the sport of lifting specially shaped pieces of metal that weigh an exact amount.
- Golf – a game in which the players hit a small white ball into holes in the ground with a set of golf clubs, using as few hits as possible.
- Karate – a Japanese fighting sport, in which you use your feet and hands to hit and kick.
- Fencing – the sport of fighting with a long thin sword.
- Gymnastics – a sport involving physical exercises and movements that need skill, strength, and control, and that are often performed in competitions.
Extreme Sports Vocabulary
Extreme sports are recreational activities perceived as involving a high degree of risk. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion, and highly specialized gear.
Here is list of Extreme Sports that we should know.
- Motocross – the sport of racing motorcycles over rough land, up hills, through streams, ….
- Skiing – the sport of moving down hills, across land in the snow, or on water wearing skis.
- Skydiving – the sport of jumping from a plane and falling through the sky before opening a parachute.
- Paragliding – a sport in which you jump off a hill or out of a plane and use a parachute to fly for long distances before floating back down to the ground.
- Mountaineering – the sport of climbing mountains.
- Skateboarding – a short board with two small wheels at each end, which you can stand on and ride for fun or as a sport.