What is another word for “strange”? Following is a list of synonyms for strange in English you should learn to expand your English vocabulary.
Strange Definition and Examples
Meaning of Strange: Something or someone that is unusual, abnormal, or out of the ordinary.
- “It is often strange to find people of other cultures doing the things we do in different ways.”
- “The notion of democracy is sometimes strange to people who live their entire life under despotic rule”
- “You may have some strange disease that may not show up for 10 or 15 years.”
Another Word for “Strange”
Popular synonyms for “strange”.
- Unheard of
Huge list of 65+ different words to use instead of “strange”.
- Left-field (informal)
- Like nothing on earth
- Off-the-wall (slang)
- Out of the ordinary
- Out of the way
- Out there (slang)
- Way out
Strange Synonyms with Examples
For example: They’re very odd people.
For example: He says a lot of weird things.
For example: The atmosphere borders on the surreal.
For example: This cake has an unusual flavor.
For example: He made some totally bizarre comments.
For example: He has a rather offbeat sense of humour.
For example: I had a peculiar feeling we’d met before.
For example: It all sounds a bit queer to me.
For example: The old lady was getting very eccentric.
For example: His facility for languages is astonishing.
For example: His powers of observation were uncanny.
- Unheard of
For example: This is an unheard-of outrage.
For example: What an extraordinary thing to say!
For example: I heard a curious noise last night.
More interesting examples with the word “strange”
- “The car made a strange noise and then jerked to a halt.”
- ” She landed up in a strange city without any money or friends.”
- “The house was overflowing with a profusion of strange ornaments.”
- “There was something strange about her eyes.”
- “I was stranded in the strange town without money or friends.”
- “Their change of plan is strange but I don’t think it’s significant.”