What does SUS mean? What does this internet slang term stand for? Learn the meaning and how to use this text abbreviation with useful conversation examples and ESL infographic.
What Does SUS Mean?
The abbreviation ‘sus’ has two meanings, ‘suspect’ and ‘suspicious’.
How it is taken all depends on the sentence it is used in. When you are called ‘sus’ by someone they are actually calling you fake, false, and/or shady. This happens if you appear to be hiding something causing you to look suspicious or perform acts that make you appear suspicious. Or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, making you suspect as to what happened.
Ways you will find the abbreviation ‘sus’.
- Texter 1: Did you see her shoes?
- Texter 2: Yeah they were covered in mud.
- Texter 1: And she said she didn’t go out.
- Texter 2: IKR very sus.
Two friends talk about a girl they know who said she didn’t do something, yet her suspicious activity says otherwise.
- irk – I Know Right
- Chat User 1: Did you read the headlines?
- Chat User 2: About the murder in town?
- Chat User 1: Yeah it was by the bank.
- Chat User 3: I was there like 30 mins before it happened.
- Chat User 1: Creepy!
- Chat User 2: They have any sus yet?
On an online chat people talk about a murder and wonder if they have a suspect for the killer yet.
- mins – Minutes
- Texter 1: I’m a sus
- Texter 2: What really?
- Texter 1: Yes. I have no alibi.
- Texter 2: Bummer, come over lets talk.
Here we have a conversation where someone is being accused of being a suspect because they have no alibi.
SUS Meaning Infographic