Synonyms for LARGE! Learn large synonyms in English with example sentences and ESL printable worksheets. Learn these different words to use instead of LARGE to improve and expand your English vocabulary.
Large Definition and Examples
Meaning of Large: A measure of relative or absolute size. It is used to describe the volume of physical attributes or intangible characteristics.
- “There are numerous reasons behind purchasing a large vehicle for a small family, but none of them can be considered good.”
- “The actions he took in the wake of the disaster shows clearly that he possessed a large heart.”
- “The two large classrooms have been assigned to us.”
List of Large Synonyms
Synonyms for Large with Examples
List of large synonyms in English with example sentences.
- Example: It’s the world’s biggest computer company.
- Example: The variety of wines available is colossal.
- Example: The problems facing the President are enormous.
- Example: The problem was beginning to take on gigantic proportions.
- Example: He gazed up at her with huge brown eyes.
- Example: Their house is massive.
- Example: Substantial numbers of people support the reforms.
- Example: There are no significant differences between the two groups of students.
- Example: A tremendous amount of work has gone into the project.
More interesting examples with the word “large”
- The sofa was entirely occupied by two large cats.
- Large vases of flowers were liberally scattered about the room.
- The secretary has a large amount of mail to answer every day.
- The correction of composition took a large part of the teacher’s time.
- That last round of drinks made a large hole in ten pounds.
- She was wearing a large gold necklace set with jewels.
- She was rooted to her seat because she was afraid to speak in front of a large group.
- She was the boss of a large international company.