What is another word for “love”? Learn “love” synonyms in English. The list below provides some fantastic words you can use instead of “love” with example sentences.
Love Definition and Examples
Meaning of Love: An intense feeling of closeness, caring, and affection. It is commonly a feeling that exists between all forms of social and familial relationships. It is also a bond that exists between living beings that induces a chemical reaction in the brain.
- “It is most likely that the strongest love that exists is between mother and child.”
- “When two people are in love, it is usually obvious to all those around them.”
- “Who marrieth for love without money, hath good nights and sorry days.”
Other Words for “Love”
Common synonyms for “love”.
- Dote on
- Savor/ Savour
Huge list of 95+ different words to use instead of “love”.
- Be crazy about
- Be fond of
- Be in love
- Be in love with
- Be intimate
- Be nuts about
- Be partial to
- Be wild about
- Care for
- Delight in
- Do it
- Dote on
- Dote upon
- Hold dear
- Indulge in
- Lie with
- Loved one
- Luxuriate in
- Revel in
“Love” Synonyms with Examples
- For example: I really admire your enthusiasm.
- For example: It’s obvious that she adores him.
- For example: Her family doesn’t appreciate her.
- For example: Children need to be cherished.
- For example: I enjoy playing tennis and squash.
- For example: Do you fancy going out this evening?
- For example: He dotes on his children.
- For example: One must show honour to one’s parents.
- For example: I respect you more than anyone.
- For example: I wanted to savour every moment.
- For example: She’s nice. I like her.
More interesting examples with the word “love”
- “There is no paradise on earth equal to the union of love and innocence.”
- “Love as in time to come you should hate, and hate as you should in time to come, love.”
- “Love can turn the cottage into a golden palace.”
- “Love is like the moon; when it does not increase it decreases.”
- “Love rules his kingdom without a sword”
Another Word for “Love” | Image
Last Updated on December 16, 2020