Synonyms for OLD
OLD Synonyms List
- Getting on (Informal)
- Past it (Informal)
- Over the hill (informal)
- As old as the hills (idioms)
Synonyms for OLD with Example Sentences
List of other words for old with examples in English.
- Example: She helped take care of her aged grandmother.
- Example: A king in ancient times had many slaves to work for him.
- Example: She’s really making a go of her new antique shop.
- Example: The system is archaic and unfair and needs changing.
- Example: I was led astray by an out-of-date map.
- Example: She loaded up his collection of vintage wines into crates.
- Example: These ideas seem a bit dated now.
- Example: These shoes are looking rather worn.
- Example: The elderly man is quite energetic.
Getting on (Informal)
- Example: He must be getting on for 80 now.
Past it (Informal)
- Example: That coat is looking decidedly past it.
Over the hill (informal)
- Example: Youngsters seem to think you’re over the hill at 40!
As old as the hills (idioms)
- Example: That story’s as old as the hills.
- Example: Jane is very mature for her age.
- Example: I may be senescent, but I’m not yet senile.