Synonyms for SAY! Learn different SAY Synonyms in English with ESL worksheets and example sentences to enhance your vocabulary words in English.
Synonyms for SAY with Example Sentences
- Meaning: To say something more; to make a further remark
- Example: I have nothing to add to my earlier statement.
- Meaning: To tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc.
- Example: They haven’t formally announced their engagement yet.
- Meaning: To say, write or do something as a reaction to a question or situation
- Example: I repeated the question, but she didn’t answer.
- Meaning: To say or write something in the form of a question, in order to get information
- Example: He asked about her family.
- Meaning: To shout or say something loudly to attract somebody’s attention
- Example: She called out to her husband for help.
- Meaning: To say something officially or publicly
- Example: The court declared that strike action was illegal.
- Meaning: To say what somebody/something is like
- Example: Can you describe him to me?
- Meaning: To say something suddenly and loudly, especially because of strong emotion or pain (say synonyms)
- Example: She exclaimed that it was useless.
- Meaning: To tell somebody about something, especially in an official way
- Example: Please inform me of any changes of address.
- Meaning: To speak or write about something/somebody, especially without giving much information
- Example: Sorry, I won’t mention it again.
- Meaning: To say or write something as an answer to somebody/something
- Example: He never replied to any of my letters.
- Meaning: To present a spoken or written account of an event in a newspaper, on television, etc.
- Example: She reports on royal stories for the BBC.
- Meaning: To give a spoken or written answer to somebody/something
- Example: I asked him his name, but he didn’t respond.
- Meaning: To talk To somebody about something; to have a conversation with somebody
- Example: I’ve spoken to the manager about it.
- Meaning: To formally say or write something, especially in a careful and clear way
- Example: She has already stated her intention to run for election.
- Meaning: To give information To somebody by speaking or writing
- Example: He told the news to everybody he saw.
- Meaning: To tell people your feelings or opinions about something
- Example: A number of parents have voiced concern about their children’s safety.
- Meaning: To speak very quietly to somebody so that other people cannot hear what you are saying
- For example: Don’t you know it’s rude to whisper?
- Meaning: To shout loudly, for example, because you are angry, excited, frightened or in pain
- Example: He yelled at the other driver.
Synonyms for SAY | Image 1
SAY Synonyms List | Image 2
Synonyms for SAY: 15+ Useful SAY Synonyms in English