Synonyms for SAY! Learn different say synonyms in English with ESL worksheets and example sentences to enhance your vocabulary words in English.
List of Synonyms for Say
Commonly used synonyms for Say.
A huge list of 105+ words you can use instead of “say”.
- Answer back
- Come out with
- Make known
- Put into words
- Set forth
- Speak out
Synonyms for Say with Example Sentences
- Meaning: To say something more; to make a further remark
- Example: I have nothing to add to my earlier statement.
- Meaning: To tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc.
- Example: They haven’t formally announced their engagement yet.
- Meaning: To say, write or do something as a reaction to a question or situation
- Example: I repeated the question, but she didn’t answer.
- Meaning: To say or write something in the form of a question, in order to get information
- Example: He asked about her family.
- Meaning: To shout or say something loudly to attract somebody’s attention
- Example: She called out to her husband for help.
- Meaning: To say something officially or publicly
- Example: The court declared that strike action was illegal.
- Meaning: To say what somebody/something is like
- Example: Can you describe him to me?
- Meaning: To say something suddenly and loudly, especially because of strong emotion or pain (say synonyms)
- Example: She exclaimed that it was useless.
- Meaning: To tell somebody about something, especially in an official way
- Example: Please inform me of any changes of address.
- Meaning: To speak or write about something/somebody, especially without giving much information
- Example: Sorry, I won’t mention it again.
- Meaning: To say or write something as an answer to somebody/something
- Example: He never replied to any of my letters.
- Meaning: To present a spoken or written account of an event in a newspaper, on television, etc.
- Example: She reports on royal stories for the BBC.
- Meaning: To give a spoken or written answer to somebody/something
- Example: I asked him his name, but he didn’t respond.
- Meaning: To talk To somebody about something; to have a conversation with somebody
- Example: I’ve spoken to the manager about it.
- Meaning: To formally say or write something, especially in a careful and clear way
- Example: She has already stated her intention to run for election.
- Meaning: To give information To somebody by speaking or writing
- Example: He told the news to everybody he saw.
- Meaning: To tell people your feelings or opinions about something
- Example: A number of parents have voiced concern about their children’s safety.
- Meaning: To speak very quietly to somebody so that other people cannot hear what you are saying
- For example: Don’t you know it’s rude to whisper?
- Meaning: To shout loudly, for example, because you are angry, excited, frightened or in pain
- Example: He yelled at the other driver.
Say Synonym | Image
SAY Synonyms List | Image 1
SAY Synonyms List | Image 2
Synonyms for SAY: 15+ Useful SAY Synonyms in English