What is another word for “tall”? List of useful synonyms for “tall” with examples and ESL picture. Learning these “tall” synonyms helps improve your English writing and enhance your vocabulary in English.
Tall Definition and Examples
Meaning of Tall: The word tall is an adjective. The word is used to describe someone or something that exceeds what is considered to be average height.
- Abraham Lincoln was tall, but the hat he wore all the time made him look even taller.
- We climbed to the top of the tall building and looked down on the city below.
- When I was little, I wanted to be as tall as my dad so I could tower over everyone.
Other Words for “Tall”
Common synonyms for “Tall”.
Big list of 90+ different words to use instead of “tall”.
- High rise
“Tall” Synonym with Example Sentences
List of words to use instead of the word tall with examples.
- Example: My kite flies high in the sky.
- Example: She was a tall leggy blonde.
- Example: The city is beset with towering mountains.
- Example: I was your typical lanky teenager.
- Example: Tom is a tall rangy boy with dark hair.
- Example: The lofty walls of the castle seemed impregnable.
- Example: Most of the mountains are not altitudinous, but a few are very tall.
- Example: The platform was elevated to a height of five feet.
More examples with the word “tall”:
- The tall graceful form of a woman appeared at the top of the stairs.
- He was pouring ice and lemonade into tall glasses.
- He is a tall man but his wife is a short woman.
- The tall sportsman is one hundred kilograms.
- The house was surrounded by a tall, wooden fence.
- He was a tall, stout man with gray hair.
- A tall man is waiting for you at the gate.
- The awkward boy I knew had metamorphosed into a tall, confident man.
- I could just make out a tall, pale, shadowy figure tramping through the undergrowth.
Another Word for “Tall” | Image