Tall Definition and Examples
Meaning of Tall: The word tall is an adjective. The word is used to describe someone or something that exceeds what is considered to be average height.
- Abraham Lincoln was tall, but the hat he wore all the time made him look even taller.
- We climbed to the top of the tall building and looked down on the city below.
- When I was little, I wanted to be as tall as my dad so I could tower over everyone.
Synonyms for Tall
Common synonyms for Tall.
Big list of 90+ different words to use instead of “tall”.
- High rise
TALL Synonym with Example Sentences
List of words to use instead of the word tall with examples.
- Example: My kite flies high in the sky.
- Example: She was a tall leggy blonde.
- Example: The city is beset with towering mountains.
- Example: I was your typical lanky teenager.
- Example: Tom is a tall rangy boy with dark hair.
- Example: The lofty walls of the castle seemed impregnable.
- Example: Most of the mountains are not altitudinous, but a few are very tall.
- Example: The platform was elevated to a height of five feet.
More examples with the word “tall”:
- The tall graceful form of a woman appeared at the top of the stairs.
- He was pouring ice and lemonade into tall glasses.
- He is a tall man but his wife is a short woman.
- The tall sportsman is one hundred kilograms.
- The house was surrounded by a tall, wooden fence.
- He was a tall, stout man with gray hair.
- A tall man is waiting for you at the gate.
- The awkward boy I knew had metamorphosed into a tall, confident man.
- I could just make out a tall, pale, shadowy figure tramping through the undergrowth.
TALL Synonyms | Image
Learn other words for tall with examples and pictures.