Have you ever seen the internet slang term TG being used and wondered what it meant? If so, we are going to help by taking a look at the meaning of this internet slang as well as looking at how it can be used in a conversation. We will also take a look at where the slang term came from in the first instance.
What Does TG Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang phrase TG is to say “thank God“.
Origin of TG
There are multiple meanings to the term TG, some other ones are;
- transgender-referring to a person who identifies with the opposite sex to which they were born.
- too good-referring to a situation which is very pleasing.
There are many examples of conversations in which the internet slang term TG can be seen. We are now going to look at examples of conversation which contain each of the meanings of the term TG.
The first conversation sees the term being used to mean thank God.
- Person 1: “I saw Lily the other day at last.”
- Person 2: “Is she ok? I thought something had happened to her.”
- Person 1: “Yes, she’s fine.”
- Person 2: “Oh TG for that.”
The next conversation sees the term being used to mean transgender.
- Person 1: “Hi, my name is Joel.”
- Person 2: “Hi, I’m Claire. What brings you to this LGBTQ+ forum?”
- Person 1: “I am a TG male looking to meet other people who understand my situation.”
The final conversation shows the internet slang to mean too good.
- Person 1: “Are you going on holiday this weekend?”
- Person 2: “Yes, I am going to Thailand.”
- Person 1: “Wow, I have heard that the beaches there are just TG!”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There are other ways in which you can say the internet slang term TG. We are going to now look at an example for each of the meanings.
- Thank the Lord!
- Too great
TG Meaning Infographic