You may have heard the commonly used idiom that’s all folks used in English conversation many times, but what does this saying mean? We are going to find out the meaning of this term as well as taking a look at some examples of how it can be used in a day to day conversation. We are also going to look into the history of the phrase and find out where it first came from.
That’s All Folks
That’s All Folks Meaning
The meaning of the term that’s all folks literally means what it says, in that this is all, it is the end, there is no more.
Origin of the popular term
The phrase that’s all folks finds it’s origins in television from the Looney Tunes series of the cartoon when one of the characters would appear at the end of the show saying the phrase.
“That’s All Folks” Examples
Examples in Statements
You are likely to hear the term that’s all folks in various different contexts, we are now going to take a look at some sentences in which it might feature.
The first statement is being made by a singer at the end of a concert.
- Thank you for coming, it has been a pleasure to sing for you but for now, that’s all folks. Goodnight.
The second statement is one being made by a teacher.
- Don’t forget to write your essays for next time but that’s all folks.
There might be many different conversations in which the term that’s all folks appears. We are now going to look at some examples of times it might be seen in a conversation.
The first conversation is one which is taking place between some coworkers on a Friday afternoon.
- Person 1: “Have you almost finished everything?”
- Person 2: “Yes, here is the last form to be filled in, just sign it.”
- Person 1: “Signed and done. That’s all folks, it’s the weekend.”
The next conversation is happening between two people in a bar.
- Person 1: “Shall we stay for one more drink?”
- Person 2: “I don’t think I have any more money.”
- Person 1: “Ah, no neither do I. Well then, that’s all folks.”
Other Ways to Say “That’s All Folks”
There are other ways in which you might say the term that’s all folks. Let’s take a look at some ways in which you might do this.
- And that is that
- It’s the end