Learn Different TIMES of the Day / Parts of the Day in English with Pictures and Examples.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Different Times of the Day
- 1.1 Parts of the Day in English
- 1.2 Times of the Day | Parts of the Day – Image 1
- 1.3 Parts of the Day – Image 2
- 1.4 Times of the Day | Time Expressions
- 2 How to Tell the TIME & Parts of the Day in English | Video
Different Times of the Day
Parts of the Day in English
It’s around sunrise.
- My Mom usually wakes up at dawn.
- The mine workers left work at the break of dawn.
- The dawn is breaking.
- The weather generally gets cold toward dawn.
- They should come before the dawn.
- The darkest hour is that before the dawn.
It’s from about 2 hours before sunrise to about 7:00 am.
- In the early morning,she robed and went out.
- Birds sing loudest in the early morning.
- At early morning I went up through the hillside woods.
- The early morning is the best time of day.
- He loved the cool of the early morning.
It’s from the sunset to 12:00 pm
- That was a very beautiful morning.
- I go to work in the mornings.
- Do you have any appointments for this morning?
- I will call you on Saturday morning.
- She couldn’t get to sleep until the morning.
It’s from about 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- The fog had lifted by late morning.
- By late morning the sky had cleared a little.
- They stayed at Cawdor from Friday lunchtime to Saturday late morning.
- The only clue had come in the late morning.
- The late morning sun was beginning to break through the clouds.
Noon or Midday
It’s 12:00 pm. Noon often expresses exactly at 12:00 pm while Midday could be around 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- We usually have a simple meal at midday.
- The explosion occurred just after midday.
- She will call you again at noon.
- We used to ski before noon then take a long lunch.
- The rocket is due to lift off at noon on Friday.
It’s the time from 12:00 pm to about 3:00 pm.
- By early afternoon the weather had brightened.
- We met in the early afternoon .
- By the early afternoon the inside of the house was finished.
- I awoke in the early afternoon to find the room empty.
- I arrived at Oaxaca on the 22 of December, in the early afternoon.
Afternoon begins at 12:00 pm and finishes at 6:00 pm.
- Do you have plans for this afternoon?
- The rain continued to fall all afternoon.
- The snowstorm will last till tomorrow afternoon.
- Will you be free this afternoon?
- I spent the afternoon snug and warm in bed.
- The foreign guests will call on you next Wednesday afternoon.
- By late afternoon , Micky had changed his mind.
- A breeze came up in the late afternoon.
- The shadows deepened toward late afternoon.
- It was late afternoon and the light was beginning to fade.
- It was late afternoon and the sun was low in the sky.
It’s the time around sundown.
- Dusk was falling as we drove home.
- He works from dawn till dusk .
- As dusk fell, bats began to fly between the trees.
- The street lights come on at dusk and go off at dawn.
Early evening is the time from about 5:00 pm to about 7:00 pm.
- It was early evening and very still.
- We landed at Port Said in the early evening.
- By early evening he was ready to start work.
- Lunchtime or early evening are preferable.
- It was early evening when Edward got home.
Evening starts from 5:00 pm to 10:00 am
- An evening red and a morning grey, is a sign of a fair day.
- In the evening one may praise the day.
- Thanks for a great evening. I really enjoyed it.
- She’s going to her sister’s for the evening.
It is from about 8:00 pm to about 10:00 pm
- Late evening is also the best time to feed a pet.
- The offices and shops are shuttered by late evening.
- Johnny Wilson had a repeat scheduled for late evening.
- We arrived late evening at the hotel and were greeted on arrival with a fruit drink.
It’s around 10:00 pm until sunrise.
- What’s done by night appears by day.
- The day has eyes, the night has ears.
- At night, all cats are grey.
- Lack of knowledge is darker than night.
- Last night they stayed at home and watched TV.
Midnight is the time between 12:00 am to 3:00 am.
- One hour’s sleep before midnight is worth three after.
- We use to go for a midnight walk during the midsummer.
- It won’t go on beyond midnight.
- We finally got home at midnight.