TM Meaning! Do you know what the acronym TM stands for? In this lesson, you will learn how to use the acronym with useful definition and example conversations in English.
What Does TM Mean?
This slang term is most frequently used as an acronym to represent the phrase “text message,” “text messaging,” or “text message.”
Origin of TM
There is no specific origin information that is currently available regarding this slang acronym.
There are many other meanings of this slang term used as both an acronym and an abbreviation. There are too many to mention all of the alternate meanings here, but some will be defined. As an acronym, this term can also represent the word “trademark” or “too much.” It can also be used as a shortened abbreviation for the word “tomorrow.” To understand the meaning of this term when it is used, you must make sure you pay close attention to the context it is being used in.
A text conversation between two friends.
- Friend 1: Hey, Donald, I was just wondering when you were leaving to come and pick me up?
- Friend 2: I have already left.
- Friend 1: Did you remember to bring the tickets with you?
- Friend 2: Yes, I have them in my pocket.
- Friend 1: Oh, okay! Well tm when you are about 5 minutes away so I can meet you out front.
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: We should probably be having this discussion more privately.
- User 2: You are right! It is of a more personal nature. I am not sure everyone should see it.
- User 1: TM me and we will continue our discussion.
Other Ways to Say “TM”
There are several synonyms that you could use to replace this slang term in conversation to mean the same thing, but they would be synonymous with the phrase it represents not the actual term itself. Some of the alternative phrases you could use include:
- message me
- direct message
- private message