Learn Tools Vocabulary in English through Pictures and Examples.
A tool is any physical item that can be used to achieve a goal, especially if the item is not consumed in the process.
Tools that are used in particular fields or activities may have different designations such as “instrument”, “utensil”, “implement”, “machine”, “device,” or “apparatus”. The set of tools needed to achieve a goal is “equipment”.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 Tools Vocabulary in English
- 1.1 Bolt
- 1.2 Nail
- 1.3 Screwdriver
- 1.4 Bradawl
- 1.5 Handsaw
- 1.6 Nut
- 1.7 Screw
- 1.8 Wrench
- 1.9 Backsaw
- 1.10 Mallet
- 1.11 Hammer
- 1.12 Adjustable wrench
- 1.13 Coping saw
- 1.14 Pipe wrench
- 1.15 Hacksaw
- 1.16 Spirit level
- 1.17 Pocketknife
- 1.18 A pair of scissors
- 1.19 Chainsaw
- 1.20 Cordless drill
- 1.21 Brace
- 1.22 Lineman’s pliers
- 1.23 Toolbox
- 1.24 Electric drill
- 1.25 Corkscrew
- 1.26 Diagonal pliers
- 1.27 Tape measure
- 1.28 Plunger
- 1.29 Caulking gun
- 1.30 Slip joint pliers
- 1.31 Stepladder
- 1.32 Needle nose pliers
- 2 Tools Vocabulary | Picture
Tools Vocabulary in English
– I want to get to the bolt very quickly.
– I knocked the nail into the wall.
– I’ll need that screwdriver to loosen these screws.
– Push the bradawl centrally through the keyhole.
– Before using a handsaw, check the grip.
– Use a wrench to loosen the nut.
– The screw was so tight that it wouldn’t move.
– The bolts can only be released with a wrench.
– Use the backsaw to remove the corners on the bottom piece.
– Use a mallet to hammer in the tent pegs.
– She used a hammer to chip away the stone.
– He does not use this adjustable wrench.
– To do this, you need a miter saw and a coping saw.
– I want to buy a pipe wrench.
– A hacksaw always comes in handy for cutting plastic pipes.
– There are two spirit levels on the shield.
– I got a really good pocketknife for $ 10.
A pair of scissors
– She took a pair of scissors and cut the string.
– A vandal with a chainsaw cut down a tree.
– A cordless drill and other items also were stolen.
– The miners used special brace to keep the walls from collapsing.
– Hand me that lineman’s pliers, please.
– A good toolbox is a handy thing to have in any house.
– The workers are using the advanced electric drill.
– There’s a knack to using this corkscrew.
– I went down to the cellar to find diagonal pliers.
– The carpenter should have used his tape measure.
– I bought a sink plunger to clear the blocked kitchen sink.
– You can have a wonderful time caulking with a caulking gun.
Slip joint pliers
– I need a hammer and a pair of slip joint pliers.
– I can’t reach the top shelf unless I use a stepladder.
Needle nose pliers
– Can you please give me a pair of needle nose pliers?