The idiomatic phrase “touching cloth” is one you will probably not hear or see frequently other than as a form of informal speech. Here you will find the meaning of the phrase and the information regarding its origin. You will also find some examples of how to properly use this phrase in conversations/statements and discover other ways to say the phrase while conveying the same meaning.
Touching Cloth Meaning
The phrase “touching cloth” means that you have to poop so badly that it is peeking out and touching the underwear or that you nearly crapped yourself.
Origin of this idiomatic expression
The exact origin of the idiom “touching cloth” is unknown. The only thing for certain is that the phrase began being used sometime in the early 2000s to describe someone’s urge to poop.
“Touching Cloth” Examples
A statement made by a victim of a car accident.
- “I saw the car coming up from behind me. When I saw he wasn’t going to stop, I was touching cloth! I knew he was going to hit me and there was nothing I could do about it.”
A statement made by a cool and humorous doctor.
- “So you are going to take this medicine to clear your colon. It is not going to be fun. You will spend the whole evening touching cloth. In the morning, don’t eat a thing and come back here for the colonoscopy.”
A conversation between two boys in the locker room after gym.
- Boy 1: I need to hurry up and get dressed.
- Boy 2: Why? What’s the rush?
- Boy 1: I have a brown snake playing peek-a-boo and I am touching cloth.
A conversation between a father and son.
- Son: Dad, can you step on it?
- Father: If I go any faster, I might get pulled over.
- Son: Trust me, Dad. If you don’t go faster and find me a toilet, a cop pulling you over is going to the be the least of your problems because I am touching cloth.
Other Ways to Say “Touching Cloth”
Like all idiomatic phrases, there are several other ways to say “touching cloth” that still convey the same meaning. Some of these other ways include:
- I have to poop badly
- Crapping is imminent
- I need to defecate immediately
Touching Cloth | Image
Last Updated on March 19, 2020
- Clam vs. Oyster: Difference between Oyster and Clam - December 25, 2023
- Leniency Meaning: What Does “Leniency” Mean? - December 15, 2023
- Rapport Meaning: What Does the Term “Rapport” Mean? - November 28, 2023