Learn useful transportation vocabulary in English with pictures and video.
Transportation is the movement of humans, animals and goods from one location to another.
Modes of transport include air, land, water, cable, pipeline and space. The field can be divided into infrastructure, vehicles and operations.
Transport is important because it enables trade between people, which is essential for the development of civilizations. Transport infrastructure consists of the fixed installations including roads, railways, airways, waterways, canals and pipelines and terminals such as airports, railway stations, bus stations, trucking terminals, refueling depots and seaports.
List of common vehicles, vehicle parts and transportation vocabulary in English.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Vehicles and Modes of Transportation Vocabulary
First of all, learn English Vocabulary for Vehicles through pictures.
Parts of A Car Vocabulary
Besides, we will learn Different Parts of A Car in English.
These are some parts of a car you should know:
- Bumper – a bar fixed on the front and back of a car to protect it if it hits anything
- Bonnet – the metal lid over the front of a car
- Windscreen – the large window at the front of a car
- Boot – an enclosed space at the back of a car, used for carrying bags
- windscreen wiper – a long thin piece of metal with a rubber edge that moves across a windscreen to remove rain
Parts of a Car – Video.
Parts of A Bicycle Vocabulary
Finally, let’s learn English Vocabulary for Different Parts of A Bicycle.
Here is a list of bicycle parts and their functions:
- Brake lever – a lever for actuating a bicycle brake
- Rim – that part of a wheel to which the tire is attached and often forms part of the braking mechanism
- Seat – what a bicyclist sits on
- Handlebar – a lever attached, usually using an intermediary stem, to the steerer tube of the fork.
- Chain – a system of interlinking pins, plates and rollers that transmits power from the front sprocket(s) to the rear sprocket(s)
Bicycle Parts Vocabulary – Video.