Truth or dare questions – What do you think of when you hear these words? An old game show? A movie? Maybe what you think of is something else. Like the last time, you fearlessly went on safari. You remember that dangerous trip you took into a teen-aged family member’s room? That was one time you played Truth or Dare.
Looking at a pile of dirty socks on the floor, you gave the teenager The Choice. Truth or Dare. They could either tell you the truth about the last time those scary socks had been washed, or they could accept the dare by touching that stinky pile of foot coverings and picking them up. It was a hard choice for a teenager. But since they hadn’t been able to recall ever washing their own socks, they had set their jaw and taken the dare.
Maybe you are remembering times you have played the game with friends. For most who have played Truth or Dare, there is that one time when it was your turn and you can never forget what happened.
One of the other players asked you to make The Choice. Would you answer a question? Or would you accept a taunting challenge? It turned out, for that point in time, anyway, that you should have chosen the other option.
It seems to end up that way a lot when playing Truth or Dare. But that’s because this is a game unlike any other.
When you play Truth or Dare, you don’t throw dice on a table or pick up cards. You throw out questions and pick up challenges.
Here are the rules. Of course, like any game, the people playing can tweak the rules to suit their preferences. Just make sure everyone knows where the agreed-upon lines are before you begin to play.
Truth or Dare!
Rules of Truth or Dare
Will play proceed to the left or does the previous player choose the next player
Choosing the First Player
As with any game, you go from person to person, and need to choose who will go first. This can be done in any number of ways. Draw cards, and the highest number is the first to go. Or roll dice. A high number begins. Or get match sticks and break one-off. Have each person draw a match stick. The one who draws the short stick begins. Or you can just point at someone and say, “You go first,” if you want to do it that way. It’s up to you.
The first player is then asked TRUTH OR DARE by the rest of the group. The first player makes a choice and either tells the truth or does a dare.
If it has been agreed that play will go to the left
After the first player completes their task, the player to their left will be “up”. The previous player asks the current player TRUTH OR DARE. The current player chooses. The previous player presents either truth to be told or dare, Current player makes choice and does it. Play passes to the left and continues.
If it has been agreed that the previous player will choose the next player
After a player has done their task, they pick whoever in the group they want, say the person’s name, and say “TRUTH OR DARE”.
If the challenged player chooses TRUTH, they must tell the truth, no matter how embarrassing it is.
If DARE is chosen, the person may ask for a second dare. But once the second dare is given, it must be done. A person being dared CANNOT dare the challenger to ask a question instead of making a dare.
Now, for some questions to ask while playing TRUTH OR DARE
Great Truth or Dare Questions
- Even if you could have $1,000,000, what would you never, ever do?
- What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
- Have you ever cheated on an exam?
- Make us laugh with the most embarrassing date you’ve ever been on
- Have you ever been hypnotized? What happened?
- Who in this room would you like to date the most?
- If you were offered $20,000 or a lifetime of incredible sex whenever and wherever you wanted, which would you choose?
- What is the strangest thing that you are bonded emotionally to?
- What is a secret you have never told until now?
- Name at least 4 things that make a great kisser
- If you were the opposite sex for 1 day, what would you do?
- Which one of your body parts are you especially proud of?
- What do people think they know about you but what they think is totally wrong?
- If money were no object, would you move? Where?
- Have you ever walked in on something too embarrassing to talk about?
- Have you ever eaten Play-doh?
- What is the strangest place you ever had sex?
- Have you ever made a video of yourself having sex?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten on purpose?
- Write your whole name with an implement held between your teeth
- Show us the most private picture on your phone
- Give a foot massage to the person to your left without using your hands
- Give a lap dance to anyone in the group
- Sing to the person across from you or on your left. Use extreme facial expressions and physical movements.
- Talk in a Southern or East Indian accent for four rounds
- Call out cliches every 10 minutes for one round (I’ll be a monkey’s uncle! or Well, slap my face! or Colder than a well digger’s butt!) Can only be these three cliches.
- Kiss the person closest to you
- French kiss a mirror and be as sexy about it as you can
- Remove 4 items of clothing
- Try to do a magic trick
- Let the group to be your hairdresser and give you a new look. Hairspray, gel, wigs, everything is allowed.
- Go out in the street or on the sidewalk and sing as loud as you can, making wild gestures.
- Let the group choose a song and a word. You have to sing the song, inserting the word in every line. Example: Row, row, row your boat gently down the sea, Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily, Life is but a dream. And maybe the group picks “nose hair” as the word to insert. The song becomes something like: Row, row, nose hair row, Gently down the nose hair. Merrily, Merrily nose hair merrily, Life is but a nose hair.
These are only a few examples of Truth or Dare questions. It is typically an “adult” game, so not only are there many more questions, but they become progressively more erotic.