Learn Vehicles and Transportation Vocabulary – different Types of Ships and Boats in English with Pictures and Examples.
A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water.
A ship is a large watercraft that travels the world’s oceans and other sufficiently deep waterways, carrying passengers or goods, or in support of specialized missions, such as defense, research and fishing.
Different Types of Ships and Boats in English
Types of Ships and Boats Vocabulary
– The battleship has been in service since 1965.
– The destroyer was torpedoed off the coast of Africa.
– You can cross the river by ferry.
– The schooner was driven ashore.
– The ship is expected to make harbor tonight.
– The barge moved slowly along the canal.
– Look at that boat dancing on the waves.
– The ceremony took place on the beach followed by a private trip on a catamaran at sunset.
– The canoe cut through the water.
– He planned to cross the Pacific by yacht.
– A gondola glides along the Grand Canal.
– We took a hovercraft across the English Channel.
– High winds and heavy rains lashed the tiny sailboat.
– The trawler was fishing off the coast of Iceland.
– The submarine rose to the surface.
Types of Ships and Boats | Image
Transportation Vocabulary in English
- Vehicles Vocabulary
- Bicycle Parts Vocabulary
- Parts of A Car Vocabulary
- Types of Ships and Boats
- Types of Trucks
- Parts of an Aircraft
- Parts of a Motorcycle
- Road Signs Vocabulary