Ship Names & Boat Names! Learn different types of ships and types of boats in English with pictures and examples to improve your vocabulary words about transportation.
A boat is a watercraft of a large range of sizes designed to float, plane, work or travel on water.
A ship is a large watercraft that travels the world’s oceans and other sufficiently deep waterways, carrying passengers or goods, or in support of specialized missions, such as defense, research and fishing.
Ship Names & Boat Names
Types of Ships and Boats
Boat Names & Ship Names with Pictures and Examples
– The battleship has been in service since 1965.
– The destroyer was torpedoed off the coast of Africa.
– You can cross the river by ferry.
– The schooner was driven ashore.
– The ship is expected to make harbor tonight.
– The barge moved slowly along the canal.
– Look at that boat dancing on the waves.
– The ceremony took place on the beach followed by a private trip on a catamaran at sunset.
– The canoe cut through the water.
– He planned to cross the Pacific by yacht.
– A gondola glides along the Grand Canal.
– We took a hovercraft across the English Channel.
– High winds and heavy rains lashed the tiny sailboat.
– The trawler was fishing off the coast of Iceland.
– The submarine rose to the surface.
Types of Ships & Types of Boats | Image
List of transportation and vehicles vocabulary words in English with different categories.
- Types of vehicles in English with pictures.
- Bicycle parts vocabulary words illustrated with images.
- Car parts vocabulary words with picture.
- Types of ships and boats: ship names and boat names in English.
- Types of trucks in English.
- Aircraft parts in English with pictures.
- Motorcycle parts in English.
- Road signs names in the UK with pictures.