Learn Different Types of Shoes in English through Pictures.
Shoe is an item of footwear intended to protect and comfort the human foot while the wearer is doing various activities. Shoes are also used as an item of decoration and fashion.
Here are Different Types of Shoes in English.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
Athletic Shoes Vocabulary
Athletic Shoes are shoes primarily designed for sports or other forms of physical exercise, but which are now also often used for everyday wear.
The term generally describes a type of footwear with a flexible sole made of rubber or synthetic material and an upper part made of leather or synthetic materials. Examples of such shoes include athletic footwear such as: basketball shoes, tennis shoes, cross trainers and other shoes worn for specific sports.
Here are some names of Athletic Shoes in English.
- Sneakers – a type of light soft shoe with a rubber sole, used for sports
- Golf shoes – shoes can be spikeless or with spikes attached to the soles
- Hiking boots – footwear specifically designed for protecting the feet and ankles during outdoor walking activities such as hiking
- Climbing shoes – a specialized type of footwear designed for rock climbing
- Soccer shoes – an item of footwear worn when playing football
- Ice-skates – boots with blades attached to the bottom, used to propel the bearer across a sheet of ice while ice skating
A boot is a special type of shoe which covers the foot and the ankle and extends up the leg, sometimes as far as the knee or even the hip. Boots are worn both for their functionality — protecting the foot and leg from water, snow, mud or hazards or providing additional ankle support for strenuous activities — as well as for reasons of style and fashion.
In this lesson, you will learn the vocabulary for the different types of Boots.
- Knee high boots – boots that rise to the knee, or slightly thereunder
- Combat boots – military boots designed to be worn by soldiers during combat or combat training, as opposed to during parades and other ceremonial duties
- Uggs – a unisex style of sheepskin boot originating in Australia and New Zealand
- Wellington boots – a type of boot based upon leather Hessian boots
- Wedge boots – shoes and boots with a sole in the form of a wedge, such that one piece of material, normally rubber, serves as both the sole and the heel
Women’s Heels Vocabulary
Women had many different types of shoes, heels. Platform heels, high heels, kitten heels are Women’s heels.
This is list of different names of Women’s Heels you need to know.
- Platform heels – shoes, boots, or sandals with an obvious thick sole, usually in the range of 3–10 cm
- Stilettos – long, thin, high heels found on some boots and shoes, usually for women
- High heels – a type of shoe in which the heel, compared to the toe, is significantly higher off of the ground
- Kitten heels – short, slender heel, usually from 3.5 cm to 4.75 cm high, with a slight curve setting the heels in from the back edge of the shoes
- Ballet flats – derived from a woman’s soft ballet shoe, with a very thin heel or the appearance of no heel at all
- Court shoes – shoes with low-cut front, the vamp, and without a fastening
It’s time for a lesson on Shoes vocabulary. There are many different types of shoes.
- Monk straps – a style of shoe with no lacing, closed by a buckle and strap
- Flip flops – simple type of footwear in which there is a band between the big toe and the other toes
- Boat shoes – typically canvas or leather with non-marking rubber soles designed for use on a boat
- Roller skates – shoes, or bindings that fit onto shoes, that are worn to enable the wearer to roll along on wheels