Types of Trucks! Learn different truck names in English with examples and pictures to increase your vocabulary words about transportation. If you are someone who works in the logistics industry perhaps, or in a job where trucks feature heavily, then knowing how to refer to the different types of trucks in English will greatly assist you in your communication. That being said, this type of vocabulary can also prove useful in day to day conversation and can help you sound more like a native speaker. In this section, you will be learning the English names for the various truck types.
Types of Trucks
A truck or lorry is a motor vehicle designed to transport cargo.
List of Different Types of Trucks
- Tow truck
- Fire engine
- Cement mixer
- Car transporter
Truck Names with Pictures and Examples
– A man beside a pickup truck was standing alongside the road, twirling a radio antenna.
– You must oil the tractor every day.
– What happened to the tow truck, Winston?
– When the fire engine arrived, the fire was blazing.
– The Mercedes began to gain on the van.
– A cement mixer agitates the cement until it is ready to pour.
– The tanker took on 200,000 barrels of crude oil.
– He drove the tractor-trailer.
– My job requires skills, like driving a forklift, I haven’t got.
– “Motorail” services carry cars and motorbikes using car transporters attached to the train.
Types of Trucks | Truck Names Pictures
List of transportation and vehicles vocabulary words in English with different categories.
- Types of vehicles in English with pictures.
- Bicycle parts vocabulary words illustrated with images.
- Car parts vocabulary words with picture.
- Types of ships and boats: ship names and boat names in English.
- Types of trucks in English.
- Aircraft parts in English with pictures.
- Motorcycle parts in English.
- Road signs names in the UK with pictures.
Learn different types of vehicles video with American English pronunciation.