What is another word for “unusual”? Learn alternative ways to say “unusual” in English (synonyms for “unusual”) with meaning and example sentences.
Unusual Definition and Examples
Meaning of Unusual: The state of being beyond what is ordinarily acceptable or commonly observed. It is beyond ordinary.
- “It is not unusual to find this kind of predator in tropical jungles, but it is highly irregular to find thin in the arctic.
- “It is highly unusual to include Asian spices in these dishes but the chef has managed to pull it off.”
- “The flavours intermingle to produce a very unusual taste.”
Other Words for “Unusual”
Widely used synonyms for “unusual”.
Large list of 100 different words to use instead of “unusual”.
- Out of the ordinary
Unusual Synonyms with Examples
- Meaning: Strange
- Example: They’re very odd people.
- Meaning: Strange, especially in a way that is unpleasant or worrying
- Example: There was something peculiar in the way he smiled.
- Meaning: Surprising, especially in a way that is difficult to understand
- Example: A strange thing happened this morning.
- Meaning: Not existing in large numbers or in many places
- Example: Red squirrels are uncommon in England.
- Meaning: Very strange and difficult to explain
- Example: She’s a really weird girl.
- Meaning: Not typical
- Example: The sample we studied for our research was atypical.
- Meaning: Very special
- Example: The valley has its own unique microclimate.
- Meaning: Particular to a person or thing
- Example: His teaching methods are idiosyncratic but successful.
- Meaning: Not ordinary or usual; different from what is normal
- Example: There is something special about this place.
- Meaning: If something is unexpected, it surprises you because you were not expecting it
- Example: We had an unexpected visitor this morning.
- Meaning: Very unusual
- Example: This deadline will be extended only in exceptional circumstances.
Another Word for “Unusual” | Image
UNUSUAL Synonyms: 10+ Synonyms for Unusual in English