Learn useful collocations in English: adjective – adjective collocations; adjective – adverb collocations; noun – adjective collocations.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
ADJECTIVE + ADJECTIVE COLLOCATIONS
- Getting a perfect score is the best possible result.
Neat and tidy
- The class room and its equipment had to be very neat and tidy.
Safe and sound
- He was weak for lack of food, but safe and sound.
Sick and tired
- The boy was sick and tired of doing his lengthy homework assignment.
Useful Collocations in English.
ADJECTIVE + ADVERB COLLOCATIONS
- In my opinion he was the best ever.
- They stand close together, holding hands.
- This work is simply not good enough.
NOUN + ADJECTIVE COLLOCATION
- The water is crystal clear and drunk without any treatment.