Adjective Collocations! Learn useful collocations in English with examples and ESL picture: adjective + adjective; adjective + adverb; noun + adjective.
Adjective + Adjective
- Getting a perfect score is the best possible result.
Neat and tidy
- The class room and its equipment had to be very neat and tidy.
Safe and sound
- He was weak for lack of food, but safe and sound.
Sick and tired
- The boy was sick and tired of doing his lengthy homework assignment.
Adjective + Adverb
- In my opinion he was the best ever.
- They stand close together, holding hands.
- This work is simply not good enough.
Noun + Adjective
- The water is crystal clear and drunk without any treatment.