The acronym “VDM” is sometimes used on the internet to substitute for a more popular English acronym. This might sound confusing, but if you read this page in full, it will make more sense. Here you will find the meaning of this acronym, the story behind its origin, and some alternate meanings. You will also find some conversation examples that feature this acronym being used properly to help you deepen your understanding of the term. Finally, you will find some synonymous words or phrases that you can use as a substitute for this acronym or the phrase that it represents.
What Does VDM Mean?
This acronym represents the French phrase “Vie De Merde.” It is the French equivalent of the phrase “F**k My Life.”
Origin of VDM
There is no specific origin information to be found concerning the evolution and usage of this acronym. The only piece of information that can be deduced from given information is that this phrase was being used before the usage of FML in America which has been used since 2005. This French phrase literally translates in English to “life of shit.”
This acronym also represents the names of businesses, associations, practices, and policies. Some of the other things this acronym can represent are “Virtual DOS Machine,” “VPN Device Manager,” “Virtual Device Manager,” “Volt Directory Marketing,” and “Vertical Drill Machine.” This is just a small handful of things that the acronym can represent. There are many more but there are way too many to mention them all here.
A text message exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: Today I went to the wrong classroom and sat down in a seat. I didn’t realize I was in the wrong room until after the bell rang and then when I went to the right room, I was written up for being late! VDM!
- Friend 2: Don’t you mean FML?
- Friend 1: Well, yes but I am half French so VDM it is today!
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: Today I was looking on Amazon for some items and I accidentally ordered a $1200 laptop. I pray I can return it! VDM!
- User 2: Ouch! I hope you can return it too if you didn’t want it. Maybe you could call them or go back on the site and cancel the order before it ships.
Synonyms of VDM
There are several words and phrases that you can use to replace the use of this acronym or phrase that it represents in a conversation. Some of the alternative words or phrases that you could use include:
- f**k my life
- my life is shit