Learn common vehicles vocabulary in English.
Modes of transport include air, land, water, cable, pipeline and space. Transportation is important because it enables trade between people, which is essential for the development of civilizations.
Learn names of common vehicles and modes of transportation.
Common Vehicles Vocabulary
Learning Vehicles Names
– Bob uses the van for picking up groceries.
– Do you know where I can get a taxi?
– A police car was parked in front of the house.
– I could not find a seat on the bus.
– The injured were rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
– One time I had a skateboard, but it wasn’t very fast.
Baby carriage (US)/ Pram (UK)
– Where did you buy the baby carriage?
– My bicycle had a puncture and needed patching up.
– Lizzie bought herself a mountain bike.
– Riding a motorcycle is safer than riding a scooter.
– He wheeled his motorcycle into the street.
– The firemen reeled out the hoses from their fire engine.
– The crane lifted the heavy stone from the ground.
– He said he drove a forklift to move the blocks around.
– You must oil the tractor every day.
– He can’t drive this recycling truck.
– A cement mixer agitates the cement until it is ready to pour.
– One big dump truck scrolling down the road.
– The subway is a public conveyance.
– An aerial tramway relies on wire rope to support and move cargo overhead.
– He was rushed to the hospital by helicopter.
– The government has just bought a new airplane.
– He let the air out of the balloon.
Tram (UK)/ Streetcar (US)
– They sat together on the rattling tram.
– The Queen arrived in a horse-drawn carriage.
– He uses a rowboat to go fishing on the lake.
– The boat should be operational by this afternoon.
– Yesterday I retrieved the bag I left in the train.