Verb + From Combinations! List of common verb preposition combinations with from with ESL picture and example sentences in English.
Big list of 120+ useful verb preposition collocations in English.
Verb + From Collocation Examples
List of Combinations with FROM
- Bar from
- Benefit from
- Borrow from
- Derive from
- Deter from
- Differ from
- Distinguish from
- Distract from
- Choose from
- Come from
- Escape from
- Exempt from
- Expel from
- Emerge from
- Expect from
- Forbid from
- Graduate from
- Hear from
- Hide from
- Prevent from
- Prohibit from
- Protect from
- Recover from
- Refrain from
- Rescue from
- Resign from
- Rest from
- Result from
- Save from
- Separate from
- Stem from
- Stop from
- Subtract from
- Suffer from
Combinations with From with Example Sentences
- Jack has barred Jennifer from visiting his daughter.
- Students benefit from listening to news reports on the radio.
- Can I borrow a hammer from you?
- He derived the meaning from the context of the sentence.
- Please deter your children from walking across busy avenues.
- People differ from one another in their ability to handle stress.
- It was hard to distinguish one twin from the other.
- Please distract Tim from the television.
- You can choose from a wide range of vehicles.
- I come from France.
- The convicted murderer escaped from a high security prison.
- The judge exempted the young man from doing extra community service.
- The children were expelled from school for their bad behavior.
- The swimmer emerged from the lake.
- Don’t expect sympathy from me!
- He forbade them from mentioning the subject again.
- That year, the athletes graduated from amateur to professional status in the competition.
- I got a letter today. I finally heard from him.
- They hide me from the police in their attic.
- We were prevented from entering the site.
- They prohibit anyone from being seated after the first act has started.
- The cover protects the machine from dust.
- He’s in hospital, recovering from a heart attack.
- Nancy refrains from smoking at work.
- Nothing can rescue us from the ravages of time.
- Jacques resigned from his position.
- You need to rest from studying so much.
- The unrest results from our politicians lack of seriousness about the situation.
- I managed to save some old photographs from the fire.
- Raw meat must be separated from cooked meat.
- The poor results stem from his lack of experience.
- There’s nothing to stop you from accepting the offer.
- If you subtract 6 from 9, you get 3.
- He will suffer from studying too little.
Common Combinations with FROM | Image
Verb Preposition Examples
Learn useful list of common verb & preposition combinations in English.
- Verb + Preposition ABOUT
- Verb + Preposition ON
- Verb + Preposition TO
- Verb + Preposition FOR
- Verb + Preposition WITH
- Verb + Preposition FROM
- Verb + Preposition IN
Learn more with big list of 2500+ common collocations in English.