Learn Wedding and Marriage Vocabulary in English through Pictures and Examples.
Wedding is a ceremony where two people or a couple are united in marriage. Wedding traditions and customs vary greatly between cultures, ethnic groups, religions, countries, and social classes. Most wedding ceremonies involve an exchange of marriage vows by the couple, presentation of a gift, and a public proclamation of marriage by an authority figure or celebrant. Music, poetry, prayers or readings from religious texts or literature are also commonly incorporated into the ceremony.
Marriage, also called matrimony or wedlock, is a socially or ritually recognised union between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between those spouses, as well as between them and any resulting biological or adopted children and affinity.
A marriage ceremony is known as a wedding.
It’s time for a lesson on Wedding and Marriage vocabulary. Here’s list of English vocabulary for Wedding and Marriage.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
– They go to church on Sundays.
– He assures her in the chorus, “We’ll hear wedding bells chime”.
– I’m one of the few people who doesn’t actually like champagne.
– Are there any roses in your bouquet?
– We went to Italy on our honeymoon.
– Their wedding cake had two tiers.
– She wore a diamond engagement ring.
– The wedding guests were given confetti to fling at the bride and groom.
– We got a wedding invitation from Shashi and Len.
– The bride wore a veil with a wreath of silk flowers.
– Her wedding dress was absolutely exquisite.
– On her wedding day the bride looked truly radiant.
– The bride and groom preceded the family out of the church.
– She was a bridesmaid at the wedding.
– He was my best man at my wedding.
– He had a calling to become a priest.
– He is a very creative musician.
– The flower girl sold alongside the road, but no one bought her flowers.
Wedding and Marriage Vocabulary in English – Picture.