Winter clothing or Winter clothes are clothes used for protection against the particularly cold weather of winter. Often they have a good water resistant, consist of multiple layers to protect and insulate against low temperatures.
See also Summer clothes vocabulary.
You can jump to any section of this lesson:
- 1 List of Winter clothes in English
- 2 Winter Clothes and Accessories Vocabulary | Picture
List of Winter clothes in English
– He was wearing a beanie.
– That’s a nice sweater.
– He put on his gloves again.
– They buy a fleece jacket or vest to wear.
– These jeans are hot.
– I pulled off my mittens.
– She wear a woollen scarf.
– She likes to wear woolen socks in winter.
Trench coat (Women)
– I’m looking for a black trench coat.
– I have to wear a jacket and tie to work.
– My dad spent $500 on a new long coat.
– She has a nice long-sleeve top.
– I can’t wade in these boots.
– I’ll lend you my gloves and earmuffs until you get your own.
– She will buy him a cardigan if her son asks her to.
Trench coat (Men)
– He always wears a trench coat.