Women are essential members of society. They contribute a lot in various fields like literature, medicine, economics, and politics. Women have unique characteristics that allow them to be empathetic, open communicators, and many more. Due to their numerous contributions, the celebration of International Women’s Day is a must. It is an international holiday recognized by all cultural backgrounds.
Women’s Day Quotes
What is the Meaning of Women’s Day?
International Women’s Day is a time to recognize the achievements of women all over the globe. The first celebration dates back to February 28, 1909, in the United States. It is about the importance of women entering the labor force in the early 1900s.
After the first celebration, Europe followed suit in recognizing women. Since its establishment, the Women’s Day chosen celebration day is every last Sunday of February. The date shifted in 1975, during the commemoration of International Women’s Year. The date chosen was March 8, and in 1977 it was officially declared by the United Nations.
Women’s Day Quotes | Image
List of Women’s Day Quotes
List of Quotes for International Women’s Day
Make a wonderful lady smile with these touching quotes about womanhood on this special day.
Inspirational Women’s Day Quotes
Learn the list of inspirational Women’s Day Quotes in English.
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world” – Hilary Clinton
- “A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd; she is herself” – Loretta Young
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life. Not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
- “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy, poet
- “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” – Gina Carey
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” – Melinda Gates
- “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways.” – Glennon Doyle Melton
- “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.” – Michelle Obama
- “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Especially not yourself.” – Mindy Kaling
- “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “Everything is figureoutable.” – Marie Forleo
- “I am thankful for my struggle because, without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
- “I am woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that’s me.” – Maya Angelou, poet
- “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will.” – Amy Schumer, comedian
- “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.”– Al Anon
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world.” – Amy Poehler
- “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg, business executive
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” – Madeleine Albright
- “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” – Taylor Swift
- “It’s not your job to be likable. It’s your job to be yourself. Someone will like you anyway.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “It’s really important for us to be unapologetic. To be bold. To be brave. And to take huge risks.” – Awkwafina
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- “Once you know who you are, you don’t have to worry anymore.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “She does not know what the future holds, but she is grateful for slow and steady growth.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
- “Surround yourself with people and things that inspire you. Learn everything you can.” – Jameela Jamil
- “The warrior knows that her heartbreak is her map.” – Glennon Doyle
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “There were times I was underestimated a lot. It gave me a unique benefit.” – Elaine Welteroth
- “We have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.” – Beyonce
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
- “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “When black women win victories, it is a boost for virtually every segment of society.” – Angela Davis
- “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady
- “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
- “Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe you must become its soul.” – Coretta Scott King
- “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.” – Coco Chanel
- “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead, actor
- “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
International Women’s Day quotes for Mothers, Wives, and Sisters
Here is the list of some quotes for your mother, your wife or your sisters.
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends here.” – Robert Browning
- “An ideal wife remains faithful to you but tries to be just as charming as if she weren’t.” – Sacha Guitry
- “Woman was not made out of man’s feet to be below him, nor was she made from his head, to be above him, but she was made from his rib, to be beside him.” – By Angie Lewis
- “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Marion C. Garretty
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
Women’s Day Wishes
You’ve already known the wonderful list of women’s day quotes. Do you want it simple and personal? Here are some Women’s Day wishes that will touch the heart.
- You are a special woman in my life, I am thankful to have you.
- Stay as beautiful as you are inside and out. Happy Women’s Day!
- Some of the toughest jobs need to be handled in heels. Cheers for Women’s Day!
- I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all things you do! Happy Women’s Day!
- Happy Women’s Day to strong, intelligent, talented and simply wonderful women! Don’t ever forget that you are
- loved and appreciated.
- This Women’s Day, stand proud and steady! I’m honored to work with someone like you!
- Happy Women’s Day to the smartest woman I’ve ever known!
- Dear friend, I wish upon you all the success in the world today! Happy Women’s Day!
- Happy Women’s Day! Thank you for being the woman you are. I could not imagine the world without you!
- “You are truly an inspiration for many of us to always work hard towards your goals” Wishing a very Happy
- Women’s Day to you.
- The reason we celebrate Women’s Day is to honor strong leaders such as you. Happy Women’s Day!
- May each and every moment of your day be filled with happiness. Happy Women’s Day!
- You are bold, beautiful, compassionate and caring. Wishing you a very happy Women’s Day.
- Happy Women’s Day to an amazing colleague who is such an inspiration to everyone around her.
- May you lead the way to success for more women. Happy Women’s Day!
- Happy Women’s Day to all the incredible women! Shine on…. Not just today but everyday!
International Women’s Day (Women’s Day Quotes) is an ode to all the hardworking ladies all over the world. They continue to support society as strong emotional backbones at work or home. Women may have their difference from men. However, together they complement each other to achieve great things. And that is the purpose of Women’s Day, to pay tribute to the equally dependable cornerstones of Mankind.
Learn more about women in the family vocabulary in English.
Last Updated on April 24, 2023