The internet slang term “wus” is widely used in internet conversation and text messaging. If you have heard or seen the term before but are still wondering what it means, then you have come to the right spot. Here you will find the definition of this slang term, information about its origin, and possible other meanings the term has if any.
You will also be able to read over some example conversations to see how this term is used correctly and find some alternative ways to say this slang while still conveying the same meaning.
What Does Wus Mean?
The most commonly accepted meaning of the slang term “wus” is a cowardly person or a person who is unable to stand up for himself/herself because of some level of fear.
Origin of Wus
There is no known origin information for the slang term “wus.”
According to the contributing users of the Urban Dictionary, the slang term “wus” has additional meanings as both a slang term and an acronym. According to one user, “wus” is used as an acronym in internet chatting to mean “what you saying?” Another user says the “wus” is a form of the word “was.” The final user entry says that “wus” can be used as an acronym to mean “wild, unprotected sex.”
A text exchange between two friends.
- Friend 1: Did you ask Carolynn to the dance yet?
- Friend 2: No, not yet. I am afraid she will say no.
- Friend 1: Stop being such a wus and do it already before someone else asks her!
A chat exchange between two online gamers.
- Player 1: Are you ready to go and fight the big boss of this level now?
- Player 2: No, because he is probably going to kill me again.
- Player 1: No he isn’t. There are more people here to help now. Get over here and quit being such a wus!
Alternatives to “Wus”
There are several words that you can use in place of the slang term “wus” to convey the same meaning. Some of these alternatives include:
Wus Meaning Infographic
Last Updated on March 19, 2020