YGG Meaning! Are you looking for the meaning of the acronym YGG? In this lesson, you will learn the meaning, origin of it with useful example conversations.
What Does YGG Mean?
YGG stands for “You Go Girl”. Used as a positive response to the actions of a woman or man who is making a change in their lives for the positive. Be it cooking a meal at home instead of eating out or as drastic as leaving an abusive relationship. Very rarely does YGG see use in a sarcastic manner and if so is aimed at those viewed as effeminate.
Origin of YGG
YGG likely originated in the early 2000s through text messaging as opposed to online messaging. Due to the positive correlation, the acronym did begin to see widespread usage online as well and is commonly found among online feminist communities. The acronym is unisex, however, and sees use in not only gay online communities but plenty of other communities as well. Even without a large female population, the acronym is commonly used.
There is no other meanings recorded using the acronym YGG.
Text Between Friends
- Friend 1: “You really need to break up with Brandon.
- Friend 2: “I know. But I feel bad for the guy, you know?”
- Friend 1: “Why?”
- Friend 2: “I’ve known him since Pre-K. He’s my friend.”
- Friend 1: “But he’s a total sleeze. If you’re his friend, you should break up with him.”
- Friend 2: “You’re right. I’m going to do that now.”
- Friend 1: “YGG!”
- User 1: “I’ve decided I don’t want to be fat anymore. Starting now I’m going on a diet and getting in shape!”
- User 2: “Awesome!”
- User 3: “YGG!”
- User 4: “I’ll support you!”
- User 1: “Can I count on your girls to back me up?”
- User 2: “Absolutely.”
- User 3: “Of course.”
- User 4: “No doubt, girlfriend, we got your back.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang Word
Like all acronyms, YGG can be spelled in either all lowercase or capital case letters. When fully typed out as “You Go Girl”, an S can be added to Girl to make “You Go Girls”. While there is no need for change if the S is added, some users online will write “YGGs”.